Provide clinical care that is evidence based patient centered.
It is the mission of SFHM Endoscopy Unit to provide high quality gastrointestinal endoscopy services, considerate of the specific needs of individual patients. In order to promote the highest quality of gastrointestinal endoscopy services, the Unit will:
- Maintain a physical environment conducive to the provision of safe, efficient procedures.
- Ensure that safe and effective equipment and resources are available for use by the Unit’s physicians and clinical staff.
- Provide an effective program of quality assurance and quality improvement.
- Ensure the health and well being of patients through the provision of effective patient education strategies.
- To provide the best standard of care and service for all patients requiring Endoscopic procedures in SFHM.
- To provide this care within an acceptable time frame in keeping with best practices and as necessitated by the patient’s condition.
- To ensure that all Endoscopes and accessories are reprocessed safely and adequately and that all items are maintained to the standard required to ensure patient safety. To also ensure that any item issued as single-use only, is disposed of once it has been used.
- To promote knowledge and understanding amongst patients and staff with regard to the functions of the Endoscopy Unit, the Endoscopic procedures performed and the requirements for same, and the conditions that may require Endoscopic intervention.
- To aim to continuously improve the services provided by the Endoscopy Unit by auditing our practices, seeking patient feedback, reviewing best practice and standards in keeping with any available updates and by continuing professional education/development.