To be recognized as a center which provides high quality and safe obstetric and gynecological services to MOI employees and their dependents and the hospital staff.
SFHPM will be a secondary care center looking after the obstetric and gynecological needs of MOI employees in the Holy Capital, their dependents and eligible hospital staff. We shall provide comprehensive quality patient care to our clients by practicing evidence based medicine, staff empowerment, good communication and best utilization of resources while maintaining privacy and human dignity.
- To complete required staff recruitment by May 2015
- To have our own protocols and guidelines to guide management of patients both in inpatient and outpatient settings as well as those involving other specialties such as endocrine, neonatology, etc.. by November 2014.
- To set up a dedicated unit in ER to look after emergency obstetric and Gynecological patients by April 2015
- To prepare patient educational leaflets taking into consideration the local culture, so as to enhance patient education and their participation in their care by September 2014
- To achieve 50% of our working capacity by May 2015, and to reach full capacity after recruiting the required staff by September 2015
- To develop a NO BLAME culture where the department will continuously thrive to improve by learning from its mistakes by organizing monthly risk management meetings such as:
- Maternal morbidity and mortality
- Perinatal morbidity and mortality
- Gynecological morbidity and mortality.
This would take place as soon as the inpatient care starts
- To accomplish an educational program by